Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2020

#BlessingsAbound

 The list is very long.  Starting out this morning, I woke up from a very nice sleep.  That is the first thing I am grateful for and second on my list is that I woke up.  Number three is that I could walk.  I might have been walking crookedly, but I was walking.  My list keeps growing with having a home and a bed and covers and heat.  Of course, there is gratitude for the kitchen with food in the pantry and refrigerator and the toaster and stove to cook the food.  There is so much to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my family.  God gave me a loving husband and absolutely wonderful children and grandchildren and even great grandchildren.  There are really no words to convey my gratitude for this family.  I have a job and a car and good health to be able to work.  God brought into my life a church family and pastor that is so dear to me.  Then there is my country, the land of the free, and this is such a blessing when other parts of the world is hurting so badly.  These are filling me with great thankfulness.

We have Bibles readily available and books to read and stores to shop in.  There is such an abundance of so much that we have the 'problem' of making choices.  We have policemen to protect us and firemen to help just in case, and stop signs and green lights to control traffic or we would have a big problem.

I am ever grateful that the most Holy Creator God saw fit to place me in a God fearing family which took me to church every Sunday where I would hear about sin and it's consequences and about the Savior who paid for all sin.  I am thankful that the Holy Spirit convicted me of sin and judgement and interceded for me to the point of tenderizing my heart to be able to place my faith in Jesus as my Savior.

There is a home being prepared for me in heaven and I am so thankful that my final destination is there.  I am thankful that God loves us so much and is always working for out good.  And, I am so grateful that this loving God hears and answers our prayers.  These are just a few of the things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Season.

No comments: