Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2018

#TheTreasureIsTheTrip

The jaws of life were called in to extract my son from the car he had been driving. A helicopter flew him to the hospital and he was admitted, in a semi-comatose state, under a mistaken identity. This happened twelve hours away from us and we did not hear about it for two days.

These events, plus other unusual circumstances involved with the accident, had to be recorded so that nothing would be forgotten. That is why my story in "The Treasure Is The Trip" became a book. There were too many strange events to go unnoticed. There were too many God moments to ignore.  I began writing this story twenty-five years ago, some months after it happened, and it sat in my computer for years. Occasionally, I would read it and rewrite to improve it and then the idea came to me that there had been other, not so momentous, events in my life where I had experienced something 'out of the ordinary' and perhaps they could be incorporated.

My hope for this little book is that someone, kind of like me, a woman in a happy marriage, a mother in a relatively normal, average community doing just normal, average things can be taken on a life changing trip beginning with a phone call at 11:30 on a Sunday night and that someone after reading it might see life a bit differently.  This trip was loaded with surprises and value beyond any expectations and I hope others will find the treasure in their trip.

No comments: