Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

#HomeImprovements

Kneeling at the front pew of my church, I prayed and asked Jesus to be my Savior.  I was ten years old.

Forward twenty plus years and I was a mother of five and attending a small church in Wisconsin.  One day two ladies from the church came to visit me.  There were some concerns between the two of them that involved the pastor's wife.  She was a substitute teacher in the public schools and both of these ladies complained to me about the gossiping they had heard coming from the pastor's wife in school.  We prayed and hoped it would stop.  It didn't.  The pastor's wife was then invited to come and with these two ladies to have a talk.  It still didn't stop.  We, then, took it to church and they asked me to present the problem at a business meeting.  I did not prepare as I should have and just blurted out the request for the pastor's wife to 'shut up'.  The pastor resigned after much back and forth talking.  It was not what I intended or expected.

Some months later, two different ladies came to my front door.  I knew neither of them, but they came to ask me to accept the chairmanship of the new Christian Women's Club that was forming in our town.  I had never heard of that organization.  I don't know how they knew me or why I was considered.  What I do know is that God knew what I needed.  One might think that I had done much damage to our church and needed to be chastised or punished, but God is so kind and loving and keeps giving chances to failures and stumblers and the slow of learning that He redeems instead of rebuking.

All those years between 10 and 20 plus, the home my Savior lived in had pretty much remained a ten year old's habitat, spiritually.   A father can have a wonderful relationship with his ten year old child, but he does not want that child to remain mentally, physically or spiritually ten years old.  My Father God wanted a more intimate and mature relationship with me and the wonderful Bible studies that CWC offered was used to make me aware of the man Jesus in such a way that I fell in love with Him.  Then began many improvements in the Lord's home in my life. 

As I look back over all the years of my life, I can see real changes, real improvements.  It is definitely not finished, yet, but I know my Father God enjoys the relationship we have today.  I know I do.

No comments: