Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

#TheBigD

So many good words begin with a 'D'. In Tuesday's blog the word discipline came up and I was thinking earlier today how I was disciplined as a child. Besides being whipped with a small branch that I had to select off a tree in our back yard, there was the regular church attendance required of us. Yes, every Sunday morning and evening and even on Wednesdays we were all in church. This discipline formed a deep habit in my life and created a hunger to steadily satisfy it. I am so very thankful for this need in my life for I don't have to question myself whether to go or not. I just go.

There are some other significant 'd' words. Think of devoted, diligence, delight, desire, deception, determined, discern and scripture comes to mind with each.

"Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor;"  Rom. 12:10

"not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord."  Rom 12:11

"Delight yourselves in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart."  Psalms 34

"See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ"  Col 2:8

"For I am determined to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified."  I Cor 2:2

"But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil."  Heb 5:14

Don't you just love words? They can make such a difference in one's life. By the way, did you know that you can check the 'Follow' box at the top right corner area of each blog and you can receive a notice when one is posted. You can click on it or not, but you don't have to go looking, anyway. There are some boxes at the bottom of each post that allows you to e-mail or send to Facebook. Take advantage.



No comments: