Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2019

#Creepy,CrawlyCreatures

Any thing with eight (or more) legs gives me the creeps. This is the time of the year when such creatures begin looking for a nice winter home. Just recently I spied two centipedes and last night I saw something unhealthy looking clinging to the door frame. It was dark and I wasn't sure what it was, but it was not supposed to be there. I grabbed my flashlight and focused it on the big black thing. An ugly black spider was waiting to either hop onto someone to gain entrance or rush in when the door opened. I looked for something to destroy it and carefully squashed it with a book. It dropped to the threshold in a ball and not wanting to be careless, I stomped it to pieces.

On of my sons told me a story about an incident with a creepy, crawly creature. He had bought a house that had been in fore closure at a really good price, but it had lots of serious problems. The previous owner, really angry about loosing his home, had taken revenge and damaged as much as he could before giving up. This was a gigantic undertaking, but my son loves challenges and began tackling each problem with a vision in mind. There was over growth, trees and bushes and wasps nests inside the walls and ants and spiders besides holes in the walls and fixtures torn off of their moorings.

He was taking a shower one night after getting dirty from plastering and painting and just enjoying the hot stream of water on his sore body. As he created suds on his head, he tilted forward to rinse them off and saw a big centipede crawling out of the drain. With no hesitation he grabbed the shower curtain and jumped onto the bath mat on the floor. The wet glazed tiles caused the mat with him falling on it to go sliding halfway across the room, shower curtain, rod and all. Fortunately, nothing was seriously hurt except my son's sense of well being.

All I can say is "BOO!!"

No comments: