Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

#PerfectTiming

When you don't have much money and haven't established your credit, yet, a motorcycle is a good way to get around. My son decided that was the way to go when he was in his early twenties and his motorcycle served him well getting him to and from work and even giving him some fun exploring in his spare time. He developed a love for racing and practiced maneuvers almost touching his knee to the pavement. It was a lot of trial and error learning the timing for breaking and accelerating and when to start the turn. He was in the army at this time and had become a PI or Pilot Instructor and when his commander found out what he was doing on his motorcycle in his time off, orders came down from above - quit this! He was too valuable to the U.S. to continue racing his motorcycle.

Trial and error is not needed with God. He just knows the perfect time for everything. Yesterday, a verse came to my mind and I couldn't remember exactly where it was found and wanted to look it up, but got busy and it slipped out of my mind. This morning that exact verse was featured in 'Our Daily Bread', which I use as a devotional every morning. It is found in Ecclesiastes 3:1 - "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens." Looking back to yesterday, I kinda think God was pointing me to something and confirmed it by today's scripture. I think He wanted to remind me that He was in charge and I must wait on His perfect timing if I wanted the very best.

There are no coincidences in the life of a child of God. We are capable of misunderstanding things or taking things for granted and not giving credit where credit is due, but, when we are playing our act to God and keep looking to Him for the 'go' or 'stop' or 'wait' and for His pleasure or displeasure, then we can wait and not be anxious about anything. If we can say with confidence - My life is in your hands and I trust your perfect timing - then we can experience the peace that passes understanding.

I am working on this one.

No comments: