Search This Blog

Saturday, April 6, 2019

#SmartFrogs

It is said, and it sounds quite logical, that if you drop a frog into a pot of boiling water, he will immediately jump out. I have never tried this and don't intend to. It is also said that if you place a frog into a pot of unheated water he will stay put enjoying the swim. If you turn on the heat under the pot, he will not notice the temperature changing and will get cooked. There are some changes in our society that are so gradual that we do not notice till it has gone so far that we are cooked! Then, there are some suggested changes that will immediately cause the outcry of it's citizens.

About fifty years back, I was watching a Frank Sinatra mystery movie.There came a scene showing two women kissing. This was not a friendly kiss. Immediately, my eyes diverted from the screen.It was an automatic response. I was repulsed. I knew about homosexuality, but had never known anyone involved in that life-style and had never seen two people of the same sex kissing each other that way. I had never heard people in my life condemning that behavior, but I was disgusted by that behavior on the screen. I could relate to the frog dropped into the boiling water.

The pot is on the heat and we are floating around just enjoying the swim. Homosexuality is wrong behavior according to the Bible and so is lying and greed and pride. I agree with God about  pride and greed and lying and homosexuality. We have gotten so far away from the Biblical standards that society condones and even applauds bad behavior. The water is getting hotter and we are being cooked!

Styles change, but behavior should stay in tune with God's standards. It is an accepted style for women to wear trousers, pants, jeans today, but tights should be left to the ballet! Tights, if worn, should definitely have coverage for the rear. I hope it is just a fad and will disappear soon.

We are left in our world, but we are not to be a part of the worldly system. As a disciple of the Lord Jesus, we may not be able to turn off the heat under the pot, but we can, for sure warn others about getting in to it.

No comments: