Search This Blog

Friday, April 26, 2019

#Sweethearts

We were sitting on a bench just talking. Philosophizing, I call it. I was going to make a point and 'Darling' popped out of my mouth. I remember that I paused for a second before I went on. I paused because I was struck by that word, 'Darling', that had just popped out of my mouth. I had never used that word before - not even a 'Honey'. Honey seemed to be a casual endearment, but Darling seemed serious. Well, it had become serious, I guess, because he had captured my heart and that serious word was a natural utterance and although I had not thought about it - it just came out.

This incident came to my mind this morning and made me wonder if God would call me His darling, ever. The assurance that He would settled my question. Then, I asked myself if I would call Him 'Darling'.  Although it has never just popped out of my mouth when talking to Him because I don't consider Him to be my personal 'Darling' as I did with my future husband and I did't want to be flippant. He is so high above us. He is the Lord of the universe.

Yet, because of His great love He came down to us. He wanted it to be personal. He drew me with cords of love and He captured my heart. He wanted to develop as personal relationship with me as could be. I am His darling. I belong to Him. He wants to be my darling and maybe He even wants me to philosophize with Him.

I know He wants me to come and talk with Him about everything, because He told us to do that. Way back in the beginning of my relationship with my husband, we talked, lots. Much later on after years of marriage, I remember my husband saying to me that I didn't talk to him enough. It had gotten to the point where I thought I knew him so well that I didn't need to confer as much. It would waste time. In reality, I was not considering the relationship. The relationship was the most important and I was neglecting it out of being practical.

I have learned a good lesson. My relationship with my Lord is more important than my saving some time getting things done. I am the looser when I don't spend time visiting with my Friend.

"If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you."   John 15:7

No comments: