Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2018

#LifeIsACinch

There is an old saying - "Inch by inch, life is a cinch, but, by the yard, it gets hard." I guess if you have a very big rock in your path, it is easier to bend over and push it forward an inch, than to try to pick it up and carry it three feet. you may want to move forward faster than inch by inch, but you may not have all it takes to go three feet carrying a 50 pound rock. You may, in fact, hurt yourself and set your pace back considerably by carrying the rock.

There have been a few large rocks in my book path. First, there were three errors that the editing had not caught and it took a bit of convincing to get them corrected and that took time to get to the printer, but six weeks later, all is good. This process started April 4th.

Second, I had sent a copy of my book to three people who I considered knowledgeable and with good standing and a review from them would give credibility to my book. One said he would read it and put it in his personal library, but no word about giving a review. Another said he might or might not read it. The third said, sure he would love to read it, but some six weeks later, no word. I 'took the bull by the horns' and e-mailed him day before yesterday reminding him and within minutes he got back to me and apologized and asked me some pertinent questions and, now, I do expect to hear from him. This process started March 4th.

Two days ago I took a soft cover and a hard cover copy of my book to the Gum Springs Library with my Author Letter to make an appointment with the librarian. It was 10:30 a.m. and she wasn't to be in till 1:00 p.m., so I left the books and went back today to see if I could see her. She was in meetings all day, but I found out she will be at work tomorrow so, I e-mailed her asking for an appointment and she responded with a time tomorrow! This process started two days ago.

Today, I stopped by a printer and showed him what I wanted in a business card and he e-mailed me a copy which I signed off for and it may be ready tomorrow or Tuesday. This process started today!

Yesterday, at work, a gentleman stopped by to tell me that he and his wife loved my book. He didn't have any shopping to do, he just made the effort to come by and tell me that my boss had loaned him her copy and he wanted me to know his reaction to it. God keeps encouraging me when I wonder if I am able to move the big rock forward at all.

God said, "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31 and from my point of view, now, that walking includes moving big rocks in my path. God said, "A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his path." Proverbs 16:9 and I have been involved in that process. God said, "For I know the plans I have for you, plans for good and not evil, to give you a future and a hope." and I have that hope and life is a cinch.







No comments: