Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2019

#DelightAsAVerb

His broad shoulders and strong biceps, his firm leg muscles and of course his face delighted me. His manner and personality and character, all delighted me. Just naturally, I found myself delighting in my husband and when I discovered, in the Amplified Bible, Peter's writing in his first book in the third chapter talking to wives, it encouraged me to look for ways I could delight myself in and enjoy my husband more.

He states that a wife is, with her modest and respectful behavior together with her devotion and appreciation, to love her husband, encourage and enjoy him. God wants wives to enjoy their husbands. How does a husband feel when he hears his wife appreciating him? Would he be encouraged? Would her gracious words draw him closer to her?

 This can be related to the way God wants each believer to treat Him. He identifies us as the Bride of Christ and what is true in a marriage relationship here on earth should be true in the spiritual relationship. When you spend time considering God's marvelous mind which thought up all the laws that run the universe and his ability to be so creative to think up camels and humming birds and gold-fish and you and me, it can make you awe struck. He came up with the color spectrum and clouds and diamonds, the simple amoeba and the complicated DNA. What a mind! It is easy to find delight in the Creator God and tell Him how you feel and just enjoy His mind.

There are so many other attributes that could be expanded upon. A day could be devoted to just one and you could fill a month of days considering the wonder of just one each day and tell Him how you feel about it. How do you think God would feel about your appreciation? Can you see a smile on His face? Would He be pleased?

And by the way, there is a nice compensation for finding delight in God. There is a verse in Psalm 37:4-5 that states; "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He will do it."

No comments: