Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

#Tears

There were tears creeping down my cheeks as I prayed this morning. The tears came as I thought about how much God loves me. Tears of appreciation came because God is so holy and righteous and still can love the unlovable. It touches me somewhere deep within and tears just come.

There are so many situations that touch my tear apparatus and I have tried to figure what causes me to be touched that way. Silly things, like parades, will bring tears to my eyes and I have come to the conclusion that it is the shared unity of people working so hard to make something good happen for the director and ultimately for the audience that touches me. Crowds, at football games standing at attention with their hands over their hearts while the National Anthem is sung will tear me up and choirs singing their hearts out at a worship service will bring tears to my eyes. It is their dedication to deliver together and their time spent practicing and their willingness to submit to their director that makes me appreciate their efforts. It is the shared love for their country that is displayed by so many that reaches my heart.

When I saw my grandson after fifteen years of being away, I could not help but cry. When someone is sharing some hurt or pain or sorrow or joy and they tear up, I do, too.  Movies or books that have a happy ending for those involved who have experienced conflict and worked it out is a definite tear jerk-er for me.

We use tissues or napkins or handkerchiefs to wipe away tears and they are tossed away or washed and nothing can be seen of those tears, but God has a bottle where He places our tears. I think I have a pretty big bottle on God's shelf of tears. They are tears of remembrance of my life. He has a bottle for each one of us, a bottle of remembrance. Your tears are not wasted, they are kept.

When we pray fervently for something or someone that we consider desperate and we weep as we present our requests to The God Who Heals or The God Who Provides or The God Who Sees or The God Who Saves, those tears are kept in a bottle. They are not wasted. When we find ourselves tearing up as we worship and adore Him, those tears are kept in a bottle. They are not wasted.

Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to cry. It shows that you are human and have emotions and are real.
Shed tears have a meaning to God and one of these days He will wipe away every tear with His own hand, Revelation 21:4, and there will be no more mourning or crying or pain. Hallelujah!!!

No comments: