Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2019

#Compliments

The day was seriously grey. There was a light fog which had nestled itself in our area with grey clouds above, leftovers from yesterday's snow, hiding the sun as I left for work. The morning was a bit slow as drivers had to shovel themselves out to get their day going. It was about one o'clock when a customer was walking the skin-care aisle looking for something specific and in comes an attractive young woman heading straight for her. I noticed that the customer was being instructed about different products by this bubbly lady, her hands displaying the motions of washing her face and applying creams.

They both moved forward towards me. The customer had a few products in her hands and the bubbly lady stayed with her as they waited for me to finish with another customer Then, the products were given to me to scan. I handed the receipt over and pointed out her savings because of promotions we were offering and also her rewards. After she left, the bubbly lady asked me if our manager was here that she wanted to talk with her. I paged the manager and the bubbly lady went to see her. A few minutes later she came by me and stopped to mention that she had told the manager what a good job I was doing. I was taken aback, but thanked her and she turned toward the door and waved good-bye. My eyes followed her and then I noticed how bright my space was. I turned my head as the thought came to me, 'Wow, am I so starved for a compliment that just one will brighten my day by so much that I noticed it?'

I tuned my head back to the door and then discovered that there were blue skies and no fog and the sun was shinning! OK, so God was giving brightness to our world and not just to me. That is a good thing, a very good thing in February! The bubbly lady did brighten my day considerably, but not to that extent. I was impressed that a compliment can brighten someone's day, especially when it is grey. If we were conscious of others we are involved with and made it a little project to say at least one something nice or positive to them, we would actually be spreading sunshine, not the physical kind, but the emotional kind, and brighten every day.

Have a good and blessed day!


No comments: