Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

#BeingHonest

Being an unknown author is an experience. Your relatives and friends are proud of you and even buy your book and say nice things to you about your book, but the public is totally unaware of your work and could care less. There have been a couple of people that thought "The Treasure is the Trip" to be of some value that they bought extra copies to give away. That thrilled me.
I have requested some readers to write three or four reasons why they liked my book to give it some credibility. Two have come in, one from my boss and one from my grandson. The one from my boss is on my web page. My grandson wrote that he enjoyed reading of my journey and how God showed me that He was in control and I could trust Him and relax. He finished by saying he was going to try that, also. He got the idea. That was the main reason I wanted to publish the book, so that others could see how wonderfully involved God is in His children's lives and that He can be trusted to take care of us in the best possible way as we turn to Him and we can relax. His remarks will be on the web page, soon.
The press release printed by the Beloit Daily News was good, but I had to call them and ask if they got the notice. Of all the papers this release was sent to not one has responded to the offer by WestBow that they will send a copy of my book to any editor or book reviewer when requested. I am an unknown commodity and just as serious, I do not know 'people'. As I said to Hillary, "Except the Lord build it, they that do so, do it in vain". God gave me the story. It is rightfully His book. If He wants it built, it will be built. We can watch and see what will happen and give Him the Glory He deserves.
For sure, I will keep you posted!

No comments: