Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

#AnsweringTheQuestionaire

A questionnaire was sent to me to fill out regarding the advertising of my book "The Treasure is the Trip" and one question asked, 'what is the overall theme of my book?' and I decided to answer it here first to put my thoughts together.

There is a danger when one is raised in church, any church. The ritual can become the reality. One can get lost in the surface stuff and lose sight of object. That is the state I was in for years and totally unaware. But God ( I love that phrase, but God) loved me so much that He would not let me stay there.

 Each one of us is unique and He knows just how to touch us to get our attention, so He gave me the sense of un-peace. There is no other term that describes how I felt and I began searching to fill that need. God was right there at the right time and we had a confrontation in my bedroom in the middle of the night. My book is an attempt to record how I got there and how God responded and the years following, some filled with traumatic experiences as when my son  was in a head-on collision resulting in a traumatic head injury and was admitted to the hospital under a mistaken identity.

There are many who fit into my category of 'un-peace'. I am confident that state is not unique. My goal for this book is to help others to be able to see how much God loves each of us and works to get us to see our need and then for us to develop such a relationship with Him that our journey on this earth becomes a precious treasure.

No comments: