Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2018

#WhenIAmWeak

In yesterday's post, I said that I defy weakness. I do, when it comes to my muscles because I know what the results will be and I do not want to wind up limp and needing help to even get into my car. I want to put off as long as I am able needing a wheel chair.

There is a weakness that I relish. I have learned by doing trying to do stuff beyond my natural abilities that I have many weaknesses. One reason I loved my husband is that he was strong in many places where I was weak and together we made a pretty good team, because I was strong in many places where he was weak. I needed him and he needed me.

So, it is with each of us and 'the friend that sticks closer than a brother'. We need Jesus and only where we see our weakness do we turn to Him. If we assume that we are so capable and wise and have all we need, we will not turn to the source of ultimate wisdom.

Solomon, as he took office as king, prayed for wisdom and it appears God answered that prayer. He wanted wisdom to rule effectively and he did. The Kingdom of Israel became one of the richest and most powerful kingdoms in the world under his rule, but Solomon's personal life is another story.

God tells us to pray for wisdom and He will not chide us for asking. Wisdom, from God's standpoint is the ability to apply the right principles to the right situation. Solomon, evidently, did not consider his need for the decisions he would make in his personal life. He had the power to do as he pleased and the funds and he chose to take wives from many pagan, Godless nations and that was the rue of him. Israel during King Saul's reign was at it's zenith and from his own family, began the fall. If only he had asked God for wisdom for his own personal life, perhaps, things would have turned out differently.

It is a good thing that we are weak, for then we have a need and as we turn to our Heavenly Father God for wisdom, we are also developing our relationship with Him. The more weaknesses you have, the more opportunity to turn to Him and the stronger the relationship between you two, gets.

If you do not see weaknesses, I suggest you ask someone who knows you pretty good. I'll just bet they can share one or two with you that they have noticed.





No comments: