Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2018

#HeartProblems

There was such a discontent in my heart and I had not talked to anyone about it, my husband or a friend or God. I was deeply bothered and did not know why and couldn't put it into words. I dealt with this for three years doing the only thing that came to my mind to do and that was to go to my Bible and read, mostly from the New Testament trying to find an answer.

Scripture tells us that we can find God when we search for Him with our whole heart, but I was not searching for God, I was searching for peace. There was a small degree of peace for a short time after reading the Bible, but it did not last very long and I would find myself needing to open the pages again and again.

You will have to read "The Treasure is the Trip" to see what transpired in my life to give me the peace I longed for.

The discovery of peace with God led to peace from God which led to the peace of God. Each pronoun gives a different description of peace. Jesus was continually saying, "Peace". He wants us to have the fullness of peace in our hearts. He knew my heart's desire and tho I wasn't directly searching for Him, He came to my rescue and there never has been that unrest in my heart since then.

No comments: