Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

#BecomingaPilot

Right now I feel as though I were a five year old put in the pilot's seat of a jumbo jet and asked to fly to Paris. I do have a co-pilot. Remember "God is my Co-pilot"? This gives me something to think about. As parents, we are given the privilege and responsibility to teach and train our children. They come into this world a blank page and we have some work to do in filling up that page with instructions. We expect them to use that information to develop into a responsible person. We don't want them to remain so dependent on us for the rest of their life that they expect us to do their thinking for them. But, we don't want them to become so independent that they ignore our instructions or rebel to the extent that they disregard what we taught them. It pleases us when they move out on their own, using the principles we gave them and occasionally asking for counsel.
It is the same with our Heavenly Father. He gave us a brain, a blank page, and He will fill that page with His principles as we read His book of instructions. He wants us to think and reason and become somewhat independent. He doesn't want us to remain a 'dumb-dora' and stay so dependent on Him that we don't develop past babyhood. He does't want us to become so independent that we forget Him and go our own way. There is a balance and we can find that balance by making mistakes and discovering our need to consult with Him. He is always available, but we can try to prepare ourselves by renewing our minds with His thoughts regularly so He can bring to our minds what is necessary to consider at any given moment.
So, in making my 'flight' I have lots of buttons and levers in front of me in regard to this blog and my new web-page and I will make mistakes, but, at least I am trying, so, bear with me, please.

No comments: