Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

#Eyes and Ears

Men and women are so different in so many ways. Being a woman I can attest to something that demonstrates one area of differences. Remember the term "Sweet Nothings". It is usually portrayed of a man whispering words in the ear of one he is interested in. Though men are touched by words, I believe words have a deep impact on women. I also think that men are impressed by what they see more than what they hear. I have noticed men turning their heads to follow a nice looking woman with their eyes and look at her from head to toe. Advertisers use this tendency in campaigns designed to reach men by putting a beautiful model, who has nothing to do with the product, next to the truck, for they know they will capture men's attention more than if a water pump were displayed next to the truck rather than a girl.
When I was a teenager I would sit on the floor next to our big radio in a console on a Saturday and hold my ear next to the speaker to hear the wonderful voice of Mario Lanza singing. The sound of his voice touched something rather mystical in me. Later I graduated to Pavarotti. The rich sound of a man's voice struck a cord in me. Perhaps this is one reason there are more women responding to hearing the 'Word" preached than men.
So, the conclusion I have reached is that women should be very careful about the way they dress. We should want to be thought of as more than a campaign. We are far more than that. But, another thought comes to mind. We should take care to always look the best we can and not detract from all we are by looking slovenly or unkempt. An old barn can always use a coat of paint.

No comments: