Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2018

Pray continually?

That's an impossibility, I thought. It would take too much time and, surely God wants me to use my mind to reason things out. But, it became clear to me that it is the attitude of accepting my limitations and relying on the source of all knowledge and wisdom and love. When I need a parking space, I could just turn my thought to Him and just tell Him - "parking space needed" or if I am grocery shopping, I could turn to Him and say - "wisdom needed here". My prayer needn't be formal. Peter's request when sinking in Lake Galilee was 'save me, Lord. That is all he said, short and sweet.

One morning I was sitting and thinking about the day ahead and I asked for guidance. I reached into my pocket to find some 'conversation hearts' left over from Valentine's Day and pulled the last two out. I always read the saying before putting it into my mouth to wake up my mouth. One said 'yowsa' and the other said 'call me'. Call me, I thought twice. Is God reminding me of something? Then, it came to mind a phone call I had received the day before. I had placed a call regarding my book to an important person and left a voice-mail. My phone is kept in my purse, usually, because I don't use it much and I had missed his call back. I did check for missed calls before bed, but didn't recognize the number so I dismissed it. God was speaking to me through 'conversation hearts'. It just amazed me. Days before I had placed about ten hearts in my pocket and had gone through eight and the two left had been saved by God who knew from eternity past that I would need that message that morning at that time! We can trust Him. He is trustworthy.
The call did prove valuable.

No comments: