Search This Blog

Saturday, March 24, 2018

#PainGauge

This morning after my coffee and quiet time, I had this vague feeling that something was't right. I couldn't put my finger on what was causing it, I just felt down.
 Have you ever been to the emergency room and were put in a room with a chart on the wall that had a pain gauge depicting the levels of pain from 1 to 10 so you could tell them how you felt. Well, if there were a chart showing levels of down-ness, I would have placed my level at 3 this morning. I am so use to being at 1 or 2 that 3 was getting serious.The thought came to me that maybe there was un-confessed sin in my life, so I asked God to show me and to forgive me and to create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in me. Then a thought came that maybe I needed to see someone today to lift my spirits, but since I was going to the grocery store, as is my normal Saturday routine, and I really don't have a lot of friends here, I just told God that maybe it would be nice and didn't pursue it further. I had gone down three aisles and was checking out the cheeses when a tap on my shoulder got my attention. There stood a former co-worker whom I hadn't seen for months. She said she thought it was me and went out of her way to get my attention. We caught up on each other and then she inquired about my book and asked how she could get one. Of course, I told her to to to WestBow Book Store and click on advanced searches and type in "The Treasure is the Trip". She wanted me to sign her copy and we each said how glad we were that she had bumped into me. The next aisle had me saying "Thank you, Jesus, for loving me so." Needless to say my gauge went up a notch.
After putting groceries away and the laundry in the dryer, my sister called from California and noted that she had gotten the book I had sent her and that she had ordered copies to give away. We don't talk often and it was so good to hear her voice and the news she shared and that she thought my book would be helpful to someone.
Guess where my gauge sits, now?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I am so happy you had a good day! Love you Mom